And it did… sorry schnookums!!!
On a side note, I’m going to change my web hosting provider for Ninjacrab, it will still be ninjacrab.com but with a MUCH cheaper host for what I use Ninjacrab for. If I ever decide to go hardcore Microsoft web development, I’ll consider another host. Regardless, $118.80 for 3.5 years compared to $78 for 6 months is kind of a no brainer.
Get all old crap off of brinkster.
Put all old crap on WebHostingPad
Do Something nice for my Snuggly Bear
Welp, I’ve created what I consider to be a pretty framework for a data access layer and I’m pretty excited to put in all the bells and whistles on it.
Haha, on a miscellaneous note. I figured out that some DMG have easier installers and some are as obvious as the following.
A tad bit more user friendly, but there is still a bunch more to explore. More downsides, some applications require an external mouse with two buttons!!! Apparently Monodevelop doesn’t consider+ click a right click.
On a sad note… I learned more about this Mac… and found something that I can’t seem to erase. Why on earth did I look at it?
kno, I kno…. I spoil all of you. But after mucking around with Maccy(Our MacBook) I hopped back on BadBox to get the Unit test thing started. So pretty much I installed it and wrote a really tiny super easy test. I will hopefully have more later
But now for pics!
I am super dooper impressed! I created a project in Visual Studio 2008, built a simple MDI application as a mock up example, saved it and put it in my repository.
Well, I wanted to mess around with the Mac today and possibly create the testing framework on it. So I got the files from the repository, and tried to create a blank solution in MonoDevelop so that I could just import the files from the project. Well I messed around for a little bit trying to add files to the solution…. and I still can’t seem to find what would be a “right click” function… So after messing around a bit more, I just opened the solution file straight from Visual Studio!
Then for giggles, I clicked build. It worked! I clicked run!!!!
The widgets don’t render 100% properly but the fact that it compiles without a single change at all is incredible! The fact that it loads VS2K8 solutions and projects!!! Wow-wow-zoo-wee!!!!
Now I did some research and made sure that the project was using .Net 2.0 but I really thought I would have to do more than two clicks on my project for compatibility.
Now I’m off to more work! I want to get the NUnit framework loaded on the Mac, Windows and Ubuntu box. After that the Nant build files and finally I’ll feel nice and confident that I’ll have built a cross platformable framework for some potential application ideas.
P.S. I’m choosing NUnit as opposed using Microsoft build in testing framework for the whole cross platform compatibility
P.P.S. People reading this on facebook or just grabbing the RSS feed. You guys are missing out on the images that I’m attaching here. So make sure to check the original feed!